Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I'm back in Auckland, staying one night to catch the plane to Australia in the morning. I very much enjoyed the northern coast, and I'll try to concentrate in the buzz of conversation surrounding me in the backpackers' accomodation's internet room to write about it.

The most memorable experience was a boat cruise on the Bay of Islands yesterday morning. It was great to see the little, mostly uninhabited islands up close*, but the most special experience was seeing dolphins swimming next to the ship! There's a good chance of sighting them, but it's not 100% certain, so I was happy when they appeared.

I will be travelling a lot during the first week in Australia, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get internet access. When I do, I'll write from there.


*Those islands reminded me of Tom Hanks' island in "Castaway".


Morgen frueh geht's weiter nach Australien, also bin ich jetzt zurueck in Auckland. Die Inselbucht im Norden hat mir sehr gut gefallen; das bemerkenswerteste Erlebnis war die Schifffahrt um die Inseln, denn dabei gab's auch Delfine zu sehen! Sie schwammen um das Schiff herum und spielten richtig - toll! Die Inseln erinnerten mich an den Film mit Tom Hanks: "Verschollen".

Da ich in den naechsten Tagen viel unterwegs sein werde, weiss ich nicht, wann ich Internetzugang haben werde. Mein Handy funktioniert hier, also bekommt meine Familie ab und zu SMS von mir. Wer will, kann dort erfahren, was es Neues gibt.

No comments: