Thursday, October 26, 2006

Alive and well in Sydney

I'm enjoying the sights of the big city and the comfort of a hotel room - I've seen the obligatory sights: Harbour Bridge, Opera House etc., then took a walk on famous Bondi Beach today. Tomorrow I plan to take the ferry to Manly Beach, both to enjoy the view from the harbor and to see a different part of the city. I've already found my favourite part - my hotel is near Darling Harbour, and I've enjoyed walking around it when all the lights are on in the evening and lots of people are sitting in the cafes and restaurants.

This may be my last entry here before I fly home in two days...


Ich geniesse den Komfort eines Hotelzimmers und das Leben in der Grossstadt hier - ich bin schon zu der beruehmten Bruecke und dem Opernhaus gegangen und nahm heute den Bus zum beruehmten Bondi Beach, wo ich spazieren gegangen bin. Die Kueste dort ist wunderbar! Morgen plane ich eine Fahrt auf der Faehre nach Manly, einem Stadtteil, wo es ebenfalls einen Strand gibt, denn es soll etwas waermer und sonniger sein als bisher. Mein Lieblingsstadtteil ist ganz in der Naehe meines Hotels, das Hafengebiet Darling Harbour, das viele Wasserspiele und abends fantastische Beleuchtung hat.

Dies wird vielleicht meine letzte Eintragung hier sein, denn in zwei Tagen fliege ich zurueck nach Deutschland - von dort aus mehr...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, to think you were on warm sand when it is so rainy and chill here.
Hope that you have a good flight home, and can't help wondering how many hours it will be. A full day of airports and flying?

The tree frog