Wednesday, November 15, 2006

more NZ pictures

Paihia was the northernmost point of my New Zealand trip, on the beautiful Bay of Islands. Here, as always more effective than a thousand words, are pictures:





Sunrise over the bay












Cruising around the islands












Dolphins - lively, and therefore difficult to get in sharp focus












The Hole-in-the Rock










Double rainbow! And yes, that is a swimming pool belonging to the backpackers' accomodation in which I stayed.

1 comment:

JenLycke said...

Hi Heidi,
This is your cousin, Jennifer (Hilda's daughter). I read your Christmas newsletter at my mom's house and made note of your blog. Just wanted to say hi and that your trip around the world sounds like a trip of a lifetime. I went to New Zealand as well in 2003 for my honeymoon and LOVED it! I have many NZ pictures online if you are interested, and it's still one of the inspirations for my artwork, because it's so beautiful there. Feel free to send me an email when you get a chance at art@jenniferlycke.com
Take care and Happy New Year!
Jennifer