Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Too busy enjoying the weather...

...to blog about it! We are having the perfect kind of summer days that turn Germany into a Mediterranean country, even without the World Cup, which definitely adds to that feeling. It's much too hot to walk in the afternoon - even the dog prefers to lay in the grass under a shady tree - so I do my walking early in the morning, heading for the pleasantly cool nearby woods.

In the afternoon, I try to be outside on the patio whenever possible, in the shade until the sun is low enough to be bearable. A good book gives me the feeling of being on vacation somewhere. As my computer and sewing machine are located upstairs, my online and quilting time are of necessity limited. Not to worry - there'll be enough cold, dark, rainy days to catch up, I'm sure. For now, I'll make hay (so to speak, having fortunately survived the hayfever season with a minimum of discomfort) while the sun shines!

No comments: