Saturday, November 21, 2009

Interruptions

Big projects have one inherent problem - they take so much time that they are inevitably interrupted while in progress. Right now I'm sewing some patchwork Christmas gifts, which have the disadvantage that I can't show photo proof/eye candy, just in case. I already sewed a wool cloak, dark blue, for a medieval costume event. As it's very plain, any photos would be boring. I will sew the dress for the event after Christmas; the gowns I have so far are suited for warmer weather, and the upcoming event is in January, so I do want something warmer than I've had. Again, no photos.

General Christmas preparations are also a major interruption. I plan to spend time next week decorating and baking; then Christmas cards need to be written. After all, I love to get mail, so I have to produce some in return or advance, whichever.

Quilt sewing just may get postponed into January...

1 comment:

emi said...

I, too, have too many large projects right now. I really need to finish some of them. They interrupt each other!

I made a medieval costume for my son once. It had a dark green velvet cloak with beautiful trim down the front. Someone offered to buy it from him for $300 US. I told him he should have sold it. I only paid $3 per yard at Walmart for the fabric! It was a lot of fun.