Tuesday, June 17, 2008

While I'm working on the title page to my next fabric book, here are two more past projects. Like many quilters, I'm very partial to star patterns. The first is a miniquilt titled "Rainbow Log Star", made of log cabin blocks. The second is my interpretation of an aboriginal dot painting in an unusual color combination; my quilt wall hanging is called "Milky Way Memories". It reminds my of the starriest night I have ever experienced, in the darkness of outback Australia on my memorable trip there two years ago.

The two quilts are very contrasting in method and colors: one bright and colorful, a stylized individual star; the other almost naturalistic, with the dark blue sky and lots of tiny stars.




1 comment:

Kristin L said...

I'm a sucker for hexagons -- I like the second quilt best; especially your arrangement of the lighter and darker fabrics.